POTTER’S OUTREACH 2020
ADVENTIST MEN MINISTRY (AMO)
Most Adventists are aware of, are involved in, or support a gender-based ministry, with women’s ministry leading the way. Nevertheless, the men’s ministry team also fills an important role in the church, in that they works to encourage, lead, and nurture men who serve as brothers, husbands, fathers, and ministry leaders. AMO is responsible for organizing, planning, and directing programs that will meet the unique spiritual and emotional needs of the men of the church.
The men of your church need to come away from the men’s ministry gatherings better equipped to serve the church, their families, and each other. “For you have been called to live in freedom–not freedom to satisfy your sinful nature, but freedom to serve one another in love” (Gal. 5:13, New Living Translation).
Duties of the Men’s Ministry Coordinator and Committee:
- Develop and conduct on a periodic basis a wide variety of programs and activities that will meet the various contemporary needs of a diverse male constituency.
- Encourage and facilitate meaningful spiritual, mental, and emotional growth among the men of the church.
- Work with the small group committee to develop groups centering around the needs of men.
- Plan a Men’s Ministry worship service once per year which especially addresses the needs of men. This will need to be coordinated with the pastor several months in advance.
- Communicate with the church leadership when scheduling programs.
- Serve as a communicator of news of interest to men that is disseminated from the division, union, and conference men’s ministries programs.
Spiritual Gifts Desired: