POTTER’S OUTREACH, SEVENTHDAY ADVENTIST CHURCH
JOB DESCRIPTION 2020
The Youth Leader and Assisitants
The Youth and assistants will:
- Communicate with the local church, district and conference youth departmentsin order to promote the club. The conference youth director provides guidance in running the club, and may ask for regular reports to be sent to the conference office.
- The Youth leader and assistants will help to set the major policies and goals for the youth department. The church leadership should be consulted regarding major decisions.
- Staff the youth deptwith caring, well-qualified adults and teens. The youth leader will seek out persons who are clearly growing in the love of Jesus, love children and work well with them. The youth leader will see that each staff member is trained carefully and given a job which is appropriate to the interests of the youths.
- Organize the Youth departmentinto clubs of Adventurers, Pathfinders, Guides and Master Guides and then identify what goals and objectives need to be accomplished by each club in the coming year.
- The Youth leader and assistants may choose the general types of activities to take place. Selected youths are assigned to lead out in each club. Then a budget is set up, based on the income from church appropriation, church members donations, and fundraising. Finally, an amount is designated for each area of the department to spend.
- Plan the Departments meetings and yearly calendar.Make a schedule of activities for regular club meetings, and a yearly calendar.These may include regular meetings, special activity nights, family nights, Adventurer Family Network meetings, and yearly events such as Induction and Investiture.
- Evaluate how well the clubs is reaching its goals. Take time at staff meetings to discuss ideas and concerns. Use what is learned to create a better, more effective clubs.
As youth leaders, you will be ministering to children. These young “Christians-in-training” are active, fun-loving, little people who have the capacity to truly love Jesus. As you discover the needs of the children and families in your church and community, you will acquire a vision of what the Lord wants to do through your Clubs. You will seek to bring together staff and programming to help the children become more closely acquainted with the love of Jesus and His plans for them. This will help them acquire the habits, skills, and knowledge to live for Him in today’s world. God has ordained parents to be their primary spiritual leaders, and you will seek to include and support them in every way you can through the Clubs.
Time will vary depending on programming and staff.
You will work with the church leadership to secure materials for youth training from the conference.
Visit AdventSource On-Line at www.adventsource.org/adventurer for a complete list of the latest resources available for local church leaders.
For information about additional resources and answers to your questions visit them on-line at www.plusline.org.